For the latest details on our products or the most up to date information on applications, innovations and MA Ford corporate news, you can find it here. Check back regularly for new additions and updates.
M.A. Ford Europe - 25 years and counting
It’s often said that ‘time flies when you’re having fun’, which makes it difficult to believe that this year marks the 25th anniversary of M.A. Ford Europe. So, where did all that time go and what have we accomplished?
So, there it is. A few highlights and milestones from our first quarter century. The next 25 years will be equally exciting. Perhaps we should change our name to M.A. Forward?
- Formed and incorporated in 1998, as part of USA parent M.A. Ford Manufacturing, which celebrated its own centenary in 2019.
- Established an active UK distributor network supporting our high performance cutting tools.
- Continued to innovate with the expansion of high performance end mills and drills employing advanced proprietary coating solutions to enhance performance and tool life.
- International distribution network created with representation in 11 countries serving European customers.
- Dedicated UK tool manufacturing and custom tool development facility established in Leeds to serve UK and European markets in 2012.
- Integrated Manufacturing Solutions (IMS) launched which combines six complementary technologies, allowing us to optimise customers’ machining and productivity.
- From 2012 to 2018, more than £5 million was invested in production machinery and support systems, in addition to further investment in our new HQ, technology and training centre in Derby in 2019.
- Continued product innovation, performance enhancements and customer demand have prompted further UK production expansion with an additional £3.5 million investment during 2023 in advanced manufacturing machinery and an in-house coating facility.